Geppetto makes it easy to design and order a completely custom device. Your design can be started from scratch, or based on one already shared by the community, just drag, drop, and connect any of the modules in our library to get the functionality you need. Moreover, Geppetto orders is delivered to you in 15 business days.
Many Gumstix development kits can also be customized in Geppetto (for example, the Alto35 Display Set). You can get started with your design using off-the-shelf hardware, then customize it: Just click the Customize in Geppetto button on any product page where it appears.
Geppetto Orders Details
How to Order a Geppetto Board?
To order a Geppetto board, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure that your board is green.
- Before ordering a Geppetto board, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject, “Geppetto Design Review ready for ordering”. Kindly include in your email the design title and email address you used in Geppetto.
- We will reply within 3 business days with feedback about your design or if we think it looks good to go for manufacturing.
- Once we give you a go signal that you may order your board, create an account in the Gumstix online store. If you already have an account, please proceed to the next step.
- Go to Geppetto and open the design you want to order. Then, click on the Order button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After a few minutes, click on the link that should redirect you to the product page of your board on our Store.
- Now, you may proceed in ordering the board by following the steps for Ordering Online or Requesting A Quote depending on what you need.
When creating a Geppetto custom board, there are three costs involved:
- The cost of your board. This is how much each board is going to cost every time you order that board. When you order 100+ units of your Geppetto board, the volume sales discounts applies.
- The initial order fee of $1,999.00. The basic manufacturing and setup fee applies to all first-time orders of any quantity. We guarantee to ship your board in 15 business days once the board design has been verified by Gumstix Engineering.
- The repeat volume order setup fee of $999. Manufacturing setup fees for reorders requiring no change to the PCB fab will be discounted to $999. Reorders for scheduled production orders of 120 units or greater will not be subject to setup fees.
For customers paying the initial order fee, our commitment is to get to you a working board in 15 business days. If it’s a repeat order for the same board, the lead time in the online orders and volume orders pages apply.