Designed in Geppetto by Gumstix: Pi Compute Module Dev Board
Geppetto makes it easy to design and order a custom device. Just drag, drop, and connect any of the modules in our library to get the functionality you need for your board. When you're ready to go to production, we'll handle the PCB fabrication, routing, testing, and component sourcing. You'll receive a fully functioning board that boots out of the box--no engineering required from you.
Steps to Order
Please follow the steps below:
- Ensure that your board is all green.
- Create an account in the Gumstix online store if you don't already have one, and log in.
- In the Geppetto application, click on the Complete Design button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the link that should redirect you to the product page of your board on our Store.
- Now, you may proceed in ordering the board by following the steps for Ordering Online or Requesting A Quote depending on what you need.
* Please note: As a good practice, our engineers would prefer to review boards before you place an order. If you would like us to review your board, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Geppetto Design Review”. Kindly include in your email the design title and email address you used in Geppetto.
When creating a Geppetto custom board, these are the costs involved:
- The cost of your board. This is how much each board is going to cost every time you order that board. When you order 100+ units of your Geppetto board, the volume sales discount applies.
- A manufacturing fee. This fee varies, and depends on whether you have ordered a new design, a repeat of an existing design, the first in a production design, or a repeat in a production design.
- For your first order, on a new design, the initial manufacturing fee is $1,999. This covers setup costs for fab design, stencils, and SMT programming.
- On repeat orders for a design that has been built before, the repeat manufacturing fee is $999. Repeat manufacturing setup fees apply to reorders requiring no change to the PCB fab. This is for any quantity and will be delivered within 15 days.
- On orders going to production, the initial production fee is $499. Production orders of more than 50 boards with a lead-time of 5 weeks will be charged $499.
Orders in production are subject to a minimum of 50 units, and have no manufacturing setup fee.
For customers paying the initial order fee, our commitment is to ship your working board after 15 business days. However, if you need custom module that's not available in our library or want a different component, we might be able to accommodate you but cannot guarantee 15 business days lead time to give ample time for testing.