Trademarks Owned by Gumstix
The following are trademarks of Gumstix, Inc. in the United States and other countries:
- Gumstix® is a trademark of Gumstix, Inc., Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off.
- Overo® is a trademark of Gumstix, Inc., Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off.
- Geppetto® is a trademark of Gumstix, Inc., Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off.
- Dream, design, deliver™
- Computing by Gumstix®
- Caspa™VL and FS
- Verdex Pro™
Other trademarks of Gumstix, Inc. may exist that have not been included in this list.
Gumstix' Philosophy on Trademarks and Brands
Gumstix' trademarks and brands are Gumstix intellectual property and are important and valuable assets of the corporation. Trademarks must be used properly. Follow these Guidelines for using Gumstix' and others' trademarks and brands properly in internal and external communications, documents and electronic messages.
These Guidelines apply to Gumstix employees, customers, licensees, consultants, outside vendors, and other third parties.
Gumstix Trademark and Logo Usage
You may refer to Gumstix products and services by their associated Gumstix trademarks and service marks, so long as such references comply with these Guidelines, which may be modified by Gumstix from time to time at Gumstix' sole discretion.
Specifically, you must:
- Follow Gumstix' rules for proper trademark usage
- Use the appropriate trademark symbol and trademark acknowledgement of Gumstix' ownership of the mark(s) or logo(s) in question
- Not incorporate Gumstix' trademarks or logos in your own product names, service names, trademarks, logos or company names, nor will you adopt marks or logos that are confusingly similar to Gumstix' own marks and logos
- Not make unlicensed use of Gumstix' licensed logos, such as the Computing by Gumstix® logo
General Rules for Proper Trademark Usage
- Always use a trademark as an adjective, accompanied by an appropriate noun.
Do not use a trademark as a noun. Do not pluralize a trademark or make it possessive. Do not join a trademark to other words, symbols or numbers, either as one word or as a hyphenated one. Do not abbreviate a trademark.
- Always use the proper spelling and proper trademark symbol.
For the trademark symbol, the superscript mode is preferred, but if it is not available, use parentheses (e.g., ™ or (TM), ® or (R)).
- Always use trademarks and brand names in the ways they were intended to be used.
Do not use them for goods or services for which they were not originally intended. Do not alter them in any way. Do not make puns out of them or portray them in a negative light insofar as is permitted by law.
- Use the appropriate trademark symbol in the first appearance of a trademark in a prominent location.
For example, use the trademark symbol where a trademark occurs in a headline or other prominent location, as well as in the first appearance of the trademark in the body text.
- Third-party use of Gumstix' logos requires an agreement or written permission from Gumstix, insofar as is permitted by law. If you are interested in obtaining permission to use a Gumstix trademark or logo, contact a Gumstix sales or marketing representative.