Find the downloads for your hardware and software platform below:
To make a microSD card for your board, you will need the following files:
|MLO||A second-stage bootloader binary image for COMs|
|RootFS||A root file system|
|Das U-Boot||A bootloader binary image|
|uImage||A kernel binary image|
|MD5||MD5 sum to verify file download|
More Information About Yocto Project Images
Gumstix also uses a buildbot to create these images. You can check the build status at buildbot.gumstix.org.
Gumstix Overo COMs support Linaro. Users who want to run Ubuntu on an Overo COM should select this option.
Linaro produces builds of Ubuntu and Android for ARM-based platforms. Currently, Linaro images are only available for the Linaro build of Ubuntu. This image also includes ROS, the Robot Operating System, and is ideal for robotics developers.
Once downloaded, you will need to extract the image from the archive by running the command
gunzip GumstixLinaroROS_<VERSION NUMBER>
where <VERSION NUMBER> is specified in the filename.
Angstrom images for the Verdex Pro and Overo Series COMs can be downloaded from Gumstix Resources.
This directory contains a number of subdirectories:
- The U-Boot binaries are located in the subdirectory u-boot and are stored with filenames in the format u-boot-verdex-<CLOCK SPEED>-<REVISION>.bin. Download the appropriate one for your Verdex Pro COM.
- The rest of the needed files are stored in the current/<UCLIBC OR GLIBC>/images/gumstix-custom-verdex/directory.
- Select an appropriate root filesystem image ending in .tar.gz (e.g., Angstrom-gumstix-x11-image-uclibc-ipk-2007.9-test-20080512-gumstix-custom-verdex.rootfs.tar.gz).
- You will also need to download the kernel image uImage-2.6.21-r1-gumstix-custom-verdex.bin.
Gumstix Android images are still in development. For those users who would like to try them out, a tarball is available with the bootloader, kernel and root filesystem. These must be written to the appropriate partition of a microSD card according to the Android filesystem hierarchy.
Pepper Single-Board Computer and AM3354 Processors
- Gumstix Pepper Android [tarball]
- MD5 Checksum: 46fbdb4c04c456c68b5844a0bd65920a